Last reviewed: July 1, 2020
Inseego Corp. and its affiliates (“Inseego” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you install, access, or use our Websites, Apps and Cloud services (collectively, our “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Services described below, including for example information submitted to our Services and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Services. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that we collect offline or outside of the Services, or that you provide to any third party in connection with any Services (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contacting us via any method listed at the end of this policy.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (for example by a contact form submission or by entering information into our App).
- Automatically when you use our Service (for example, if our App is used to collect location information for product installation purposes).
Information You Provide to Us. When you download, register with, or use our Services, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). This also includes biometric information (such as face ID or fingerprint) if you choose to enable such features for user authentication.
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as configuration information about our product that you are installing, data usage, and pictures of your location and locations where our products are installed.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a Service, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with a Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection. When you download, access, and use our Service, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our Service, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Service, including location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Service.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your electronic device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, the device’s telephone number, and similar information about the products that you install in connection with your use of the Service.
- Stored Information and Files. Our App also may access metadata and other information associated with pictures you take or use with the App.
- Location and Performance Information. Our App or Cloud service may collect real-time information about the location of your device and information about your wireless network service performance.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use or register for our Website or Cloud service or download, register for or use our App or delete the App from your device. Note, however, that deleting the App will prevent its use to assist with the installation of our fixed wireless access (“FWA”) products or other purpose.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access or benefit from certain parts of our Services.
Third-Party Information Collection
If our Service is used in connection with a third party service, such as if our Service is provided in connection with a device that you’ve acquired from a wireless network provider, when you use the Service, the network provider may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include your wireless network provider and their affiliated service providers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Service. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your use of the Service and connected devices. They may use this information to provide you with services or targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly and review their privacy policies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to:
- Provide you with the Service and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Service updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our usage patterns.
- Store information about your location, product configuration and preferences, allowing us to provide services to you (such as App-based device installation assistance and cloud-based device management services), and to customize our Service according to your individual service needs.
- Recognize you when you use the Service.
We may use location information we collect in connection with your use of our App or Cloud service to provide the Service, for example to help you install your Inseego product in an appropriate or optimal location.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for use in connection with providing you service.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Inseego, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Targeted Advertising by the Inseego. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by contacting us via any method listed at the end of this policy.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service you are receiving from us and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us via any method listed at the end of this policy to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Phone: (877) 698-6481
Attn: Legal Department
9710 Scranton Road, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121